Thursday, August 10, 2006

Start of a series - Into the mines


As I mentioned in a post the other day, I said I would try to get some photos from inside the mines. Well, my wife went in today with one of her brothers and his family, and a family from England that was visiting them. I had to work but I asked her to take som pictures.

This shot shows the train and the wagons that take you into the mines. The wagons are quite small and it's a bumpy ride. The ride is a bit over 2 kilometers and takes about 10 minutes. It's quite noisy as well so you get free ear plugs :o)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is interesting - I have not been going with these new wagons myself. I look forward to the next "episode"!

Meg said...

Which part of the train do people go on?

Persa said...

anne-grethe: It's not just the wagons that are new, the tour inside is expanded as well.

louise: The temperature inside the mine is 6 degrees Celsius. And it stays the same summer and winter. The air inside is fine. I'm not sure if they have any air brought in from the outside other than the air that comes in naturally through the mine itself.

meg nakagawa: The people go into the green wagons behind the yellow locomotive. They are quite small as you can see so it's not a very comfortable ride, but it's very exiting.